Other Local Events
||Saturday, October 26, 9am-3pm
|| 2013 Chester County Preservation Fair
The 2013 Chester County Preservation Fair will be held on
October 26, 2013
This all-day event will include informative presentations and open
discussions on architectural history, fundraising, and updates on
preservation ordinances and other planning items.
If you are on a historical commission or HARB, if you volunteer with a
historical organization or historic site, or if you just want to be able to
help more with preservation efforts in your community, then this event is
The event will be held at
the Lincoln Building at Historic Yellow Springs, Inc.
1685 Art School Road, Chester Springs, Penna.
The Roster of Presentations:
Session 1: Historical Research, Sources & Methods
- Regional Archives, well-known and not-so-well-known
- Research Methods used by the Experts
- Frances Delmar, Director of Interpretation and Education, Hopewell
Furnace National Historic Site
- Jane Dorchester, Architectural Historian
- Jack McCarthy, Hidden Collections Initiative for PA Small Archival
Repositories, Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Seth Hinshaw, Wise Preservation Planning, LLC
Session 2: Fundraising & Friend-raising, Building the Capacity of Your
- Volunteers and Board Members: recruitment, development and optimization
- Fundraising: getting comfortable with seeking donations, asking for
major gifts, and working with your local network
- What the Chester County Community Foundation Can Do For You
- An Introduction to the Chester County Consultants Collaborative (C4)
- Seth Bloom and Jeff Metz, Bloom Metz Consulting
- Beth Briglia, Chester County Community Foundation
- Connie Carter, Sylvia Carter & Associates
Attendance is only $15.00
This event is co-sponsored by CCHPN and Historic Yellow Springs, Inc.
Hope to see you there!